For my personal quest blog, I chose chocolate which is so much fun to write about. The wonderful thing about chocolate is that I never got bored researching and I was always craving chocolate! Chocolate is the best thing I could ever imagine in the entire universe. All my favorite desserts contain chocolate in some way. Also, finding the information for my blog was simple and that made it easy for me to imagine and write about. When I looked up "chocolate" the search came up with many different websites, all wonderful and useful. As I went along and found out more information, the more interested I got in the subject, because chocolate is not a boring topic it goes on for ever. As I said in my History post, chocolate may get really expensive and nobody can afford it, what will happen to chocolate? Will Chocolate be replaced with something? Chocolate history will live in our lives for a long time and every person has a story to tell about it. For example, when until I was three years old and tasted chocolate ice cream for the first time and licked the bowl clean. When I get older I can tell my kids that when I was in 5th grade I wrote a blog on chocolate and I did a history, summary, how to and fun facts all about chocolate.My questions took me to look at chocolate a different way. For example, how did the Indians make the chocolate? I found out that the Indians used the cocoa beans to make hot chocolate instead of solid chocolate. I never knew that about chocolate and I have a feeling that a lot of Americans do not know that either. Tell the truth - when you eat a chocolate bar do you ever think about what had to be done to make that bar? I guarantee that after reading my blog you will see chocolate a whole different way.
Chocolate is a good, solid, topic to study which you can study for ever because as I said earlier, chocolate has a long history. Who can find something better then chocolate? Chocolate takes a long time to make: first you have to harvest the beans, roast them and then grind them. Then different cocoa ingredients are stirred with sugar and milk products. This mixture is heated to produce a liquid that smells like chocolate by now. Then the liquid is poured into molds that are shaped like what ever that chocolate is going to turn into. Then the chocolate is moved through a refrigerated area to cool it and turn it into solid chocolate. Then the chocolate is packaged and stored into a cooled room with other candies until it is put in a truck or boat to be sent to stores where you enjoy your yummy chocolate bar. Don't you think that they go through so much to make your candy? So next time you eat a chocolate bar think about it and treasure it.
Wow, Izzy, that was positivly breath taking! I can tell chocolate is a big part of your life and you enjoyed every bit of this. I'm amazed at how you wrote this, using questions and a reflection on the reader. I also hope chocolate isn't lost and becomes too expensive! Keep on writing, Iz! - Mackenzie
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. Keep up the good work. I never knew chocolate was so interesting.
ReplyDeleteI love chocolate! Good job!
ReplyDelete-hunter